Aitken & Wright

Aitken & Wright

Aitken & Wright was a wholesale grocery business that traded from 1855 to 1973. The company was established by Thomas Aitken and John Wright at Charlotte Lane, Leith on 26th November 1855 before moving to enlarged premises at 66 Constitution Street in 1868.

Originally the company dealt with the importation and wholesaling of flour, butter and oils and the manufacture of margarine, but for several years before its voluntary liquidation in 1973, Aitken & Wright dealt in groceries and provisions generally.

Back