Allied Industrial Services had its origins in a company established in 1864 to operate a laundry service, collecting, washing and drying rags used for cleaning industrial machinery. In 1900 this enterprise merged with two other businesses and in 1914 the company began the manufacture of its own cloths. The company’s services were diversified by the intoduction of a cleaning cloth rental service, and in 1928 it entered the work wear rental business.
Allied Industrial Services continued to expand and was incorporated as a limited company in 1934. In 1968 Allied merged with Industrial Services Ltd., another company which was engaged in the textile maintenance industry.