Brooks, Thomas & Co. is a supplier of builder’s materials in Dublin, Ireland. The firm was established by Thomas Brooks in 1823 and went on to become the largest company of its kind in Ireland.
By 1914 the company employed 400 staff and specialised in ironmongery, plumbing materials, electric light fittings, wallpapers, kitchen ranges, sanitary goods, timber, cement, slates and steel joists.
In 1969 Brooks, Thomas merged with two other companies in Ireland, Haughtons of Cork and Hanleys of Sligo.
In 1981 the business was acquired by UPM of Finland. Brooks was sold on to the Wolseley Group in 2004. At the time, the Wolseley Group was the leading supplier of heavy building materials and plumbing in Europe. By now Brooks had over ten branches around Ireland. After a period of economic decline the company was bought by Premier Forest Products Ltd. and six of the existing branches were kept open.