Daniel and John Wellby were well-known silversmiths, jewellers and antique dealers in central London.
The firm was begun in the early 1830s by John Wellby who was a gold and silver refiner and the proprieter of an exchange office. From the 1850s, the company continued as a partnership of Daniel and John Wellby at their manufactory at 57 King Street, Soho Square, later moving to 20 Garrick Street, Covent Garden, where by 1897 the firm is described as diamond merchants and wholesale jewellers. In 1896 the business was incorporated as a limited company.
D. & J. Wellby Ltd. continued at their Garrick Street address until c.1965 when the company relocated to 30 Dover Street W1, taking over the antique dealing business of Boswell & Ward. D. & J. Wellby ceased trading in 1973.