In 1896 two wholesale chemist companies called Arthur S. Hill & Sons and Davy, Yates & Routledge merged to form Davy, Hill & Co.
In 1909 Davy, Hill & Co. merged with Hodgkinson, Clark & Hicks to form a limited liability company, Davy, Hill & Hodgkinson Ltd.
In 1909 this company amalgamated with Hearon, Squire & Francis and Barron Harvey & Co. to form British Drug Houses Ltd.
In 1910, new premises were established for British Drug Houses Ltd. at Graham Street, City Road in London. Graham Street became a major distribution centre, servicing London and the south east of England with drugs, chemicals and patent medicines for over 50 years. During this period, British Drug Houses Ltd. was renamed British Drug Houses Group Ltd. and acquired a number of pharmaceutical wholesale businesses.
In 1968 British Drug Houses Group Ltd. was acquired by Glaxo Group Ltd. In 1973 Merck Ltd. acquired British Drug Houses Group Ltd. from Glaxo. Merck Ltd. became the sole UK company in 1991 and British Drug Houses Group Ltd. ceased to trade.