Dickins & Jones was a high-quality department store in London which traded between 1835 and 2007. From 1835 the main store was in London’s Regent Street. In its final years the store had branches at Epsom, Richmond and Milton Keynes.
In 1790 Dickins and Smith opened a shop at 54 Oxford Street. In 1835 the business was moved to the newly built Regent Street. In the 1890s the company name was changed to Dickins & Jones, when Sir John Prichard-Jones became a partner.
In 1914 Dickins & Jones was acquired by Harrods.
The store was moved a short distance to a new building in Regent Street in 1922. In 1959 Harrods was bought by House of Fraser, but both Harrods and its subsidiary Dickins & Jones continued to trade under their existing names.
In 2006 the Dickins & Jones store in Regent Street closed down. Branches of Dickins & Jones at Epsom, Richmond, and Milton Keynes continued to trade under that name until 2007, when they were rebranded as House of Fraser stores. However, the Dickins & Jones name continues to be used by House of Fraser as one of its in-house brands for women’s fashion wear.