F. Warren & Co. was a coal merchant from the 1850s.
The company merged with Thomas Coote & Co. in 1908 to form Coote & Warren Ltd.
The new company had offices in St. Ives in Cornwall and London. The firm was a major player in the bulk transportation of coal by rail and in later years by road. Up till nationalisation, Coote & Warren’s own branded coal wagons were a common sight on British railway lines serving the regions from North London to East Anglia. The company even had its own wagon building and repair works in Peterborough.
Coote & Warren Ltd. ceased trading in c.1960.