H. S. Whiteside & Co. Ltd. was a family-run confectionery company in south-east London.
The firm produced a great variety of sweets, jellies, nut and chocolate products, nougat and toffee.
In 1949 Whitesides took control of Maconochie Brothers including their factory on the Isle of Dogs and began to market peanuts and peanut butter under the Sun-Pat brand name.
In the 1960s Whitesides overstretched themselves financially and the company was acquired by Rowntree & Co. Ltd. in 1967. The Sun-Pat brand is currently owned by Hain Celestial Group.