Hall & Pickles Ltd. is a multi-product general steel stockholder and processor of steel with five depots across the UK. The family run company is one of the largest independent steel stockholders in the UK with an annual turnover of 120,000 tonnes and over £50 million.
The company was founded by John Hall the Fourth in Manchester in 1812.
In 1902 a modern, brick warehouse was erected in Trafford Park, Manchester, consisting of four bays, each equipped with a 5 ton rapid electric overhead crane. Hall & Pickles supplied a comprehensive range of iron and steel products, such as bars, angles, tees, joists and plates.
A works was established in Sheffield to carry out the manufacture of high speed, alloy, stainless, and carbon steels, together with special nickel-chromium alloys for electrical resistance purposes drawn and rolled into wire and tape. Hall & Pickles were incorporated as a limited company in 1916.