Hector Powe were up-market London tailors who became particularly known for their visiting bespoke tailoring service.
The company was one of the oldest established bespoke outfitters in London, opening its first store in the City of London in 1910. By 1925 Hector Powe had six shops in the vicinity and one in Westminster.
During the Second World War the company tailored uniforms for officers serving in the Royal Air Force. By this time Hector Powe had branch stores in a number of UK cities including Glasgow, Edinburgh, Manchester and Birmingham.
The Hector Powe chain of stores was acquired by Hope Bros. in 1954. In the 1970s Great Universal Stores took over the business and merged it into Burberrys.