J. Bolding & Sons Ltd. was a manufacturer of sanitary ware, lead merchant and ironmonger.
The company was established in 1822 at South Molton Lane in Mayfair, London. In the 1880s the business expanded to the Grosvenor Works in Davies Street and in 1894 became a limited company.
In 1914 the company was described as a manufacturer of high-class sanitary appliances, specialising in both public and private systems of sanitation.
In 1961 J. Bolding & Sons Ltd. had 280 employees and was a manufacturer of sanitary fittings such as water closets, pumps and valves.
In 1966 the company purchased its rival, Thomas Crapper & Co., only to go into liquidation three years later.