J. & R. Smith was a carpet wholesaling company established in 1838 at South Castle Street in Liverpool. The firm moved to new premises in Williamson Square in 1868.
Kelly’s 1947 Directory of Liverpool describes J. & R. Smith as “suppliers and fitters of carpets and linoleum”, and “importers of Oriental carpets.”
The company traded from the Williamson Sqare premises until at least 1962.