J. W. French & Co. Ltd. were flour millers in Ware, Hertfordshire. The company built the Frenlite Flour Mill at Viaduct Road, Ware, in 1897. The mill was used to supply flour to J. Lyons & Co. for almost a century, and fremlite self-raising flour was produced well into the 1960s.
In 1969 J. W. French & Co. Ltd. became a fully owned subsidiary of J. Lyons & Co.
The company ceased trading in 1983 and the mill in Ware was converted into housing in 1988.