James Hole & Co. Ltd. were brewers of ale and stout at the Castle Brewery at Albert Street, Newark-onTrent, Nottinghamshire.
The Castle Brewery was originally established by Caparn, Hankey & Co. in the early 1880s on the site of an early 19th century workhouse. James Hole & Co. purchased the brewery in 1885 and in 1890 the business was incorporated as a limited company.
The Castle Brewery was acquired by Courage, Barclay & Simmonds in 1967. All brewing ceased in 1982 and the brewery buildings were redeveloped into residential apartments in the mid-1990s.