Lincoln Co-operative Society was founded in 1861. The Society was concentrated in the city of Lincoln and surrounding villages. In recent years, it has expanded into county areas such as Grimsby and Cleethorpes.
The Society, now known as Lincolnshire Co-operative Ltd., operates convenience stores, pharmacies, funeral directors, travel agents, and sub post offices. There are currently 200,000 members of the Society. Membership is open to all residents of its trading area, with members receiving a share of the profits in the form of a dividend.