North West Securities was a financial company in Chester, providing hire purchase and credit finance, mainly for the motor trade.
In 1958 the company was taken over by the Bank of Scotland.
Over the next twenty years the business grew rapidly as UK banking regulations were relaxed. By the mid-1980s North West Securities had become one of the biggest and most successful finance houses, contributing more than a quarter of Bank of Scotland’s total profits.
By the end of the 1980s, however, Bank of Scotland had taken a tighter grip on the company, renaming it NWS Bank, and then Capital Bank.