The Northmet Power Company

The Northmet Power Company

The Northmet Power Company was an electricity supply and distribution company which was formed as the North Metropolitan Electric Power Supply Company in 1900 in Wood Green, London.

The name was changed to Northmet Power Company in 1939. It supplied 671 square miles in Middlesex, Hertfordshire and Essex with power stations at Brimsdown and Willesden.

Following the nationalisation of the electricity industry by the Electricity Act 1947, Northmet Power Company became part of the Eastern Electricity Board in 1948.

Back