In 1836 William Parker opened a small ironmongers shop in Broad Street, Birmingham. As business in the ironmongery trade increased, Parker recruited Alfred Winder in 1873 and John Achurch in 1890. Now operating as Parker, Winder & Achurch, the company sold a wide range of hardware and metal-based products such as fireplaces, pumps, fencing and sanitary ware.
By the end of the 19th century, Parker, Winder & Achurch had become a limited company and had showrooms in New Street and workshops and warehouses in nearby Brasshouse Passage and St. Peters’ Place.
In 1936 Parker, Winder & Achurch Ltd. moved to larger premises on the opposite side of Broad Street.
In 1972 the company relocated to the Kings Norton district of Birmingham, where it remained until it was acquired by a paint spraying and powder coating company called Frederick Cooper Ltd., in 1992.