The Preston & District Farmers Trading Society Ltd.

The Preston & District Farmers Trading Society Ltd.

The Preston & District Farmers Trading Society was a co-operative founded in 1911 by a handful of Lancashire chicken farmers.

By 1931 it had helped the Preston area produce a third of England’s eggs and in 1937 it achieved an annual turnover of £1 million.

In 1988, the Preston Farmers joined with the Cumberland & Westmoreland Farmers co-operative to form Amalgamated Farmers.

Back