Redmayne & Co. was founded in 1868 by Samuel Redmayne who established a clothing manufacturing company in Wigton, Cumberland.
Redmayne purchased an old shirt factory which he named the Wigton Clothing Factory, and began producing ready-made clothing for men and boys. The company grew and became the leading employer in Wigton. By 1878 branches had been opened in Carlisle, Cockermouth, Penrith, Maryport and Workington.
The factory in Wigton was demolished in 1987, but the company continues today as a bespoke and custom tailor at 30 High Street, Wigton.