S. P. & C. Mumford

S. P. & C. Mumford

S. P. & C. Mumford was a company of flour millers, established in 1790 in Dartford, south east London.

A new flour mill and grain silo, designed by the renowned Victorian architect Sir Aston Webb, were built by the company at the eastern end of Greenwich High Street and Deptford Creek in 1900. The new mill was regarded as one of London’s most important flour mills and was served by boats sailing up Deptford Creek.

The mill was closed in the 1960s and in 2004 the building was redeveloped to provide luxury apartments.

Back