The Torquay & Paignton Gas Company

The Torquay & Paignton Gas Company

The Torquay & Paignton Gas Company was established in 1834 to supply gas to the towns of Torquay and Paignton in Devon.

When the company’s works in Torwood Gardens and Temperance Street proved inadequate, land was purchased from the Church Commissioners for a new base at Hollacombe. Those works operated from 1861 until 1968.

Back