The Tottenham and Edmonton Gaslight and Coke Company was formed by Deed of Settlement on 21st December 1847. The Tottenham and Edmonton Gas Act 1882, allowed the company to raise further capital and purchase land to extend its works at the Angel Road site.
The Tottenham District Light, Heat and Power Company was formed in 1914 as the result of the merger between the Tottenham and Edmonton Gaslight and Coke Company and the Enfield Gas Company.
In 1928 the Waltham and Cheshunt Gas Company was absorbed, and the new company was renamed the Tottenham and District Gas Company.
In 1948 the gas industry was nationalised and the Tottenham and District Gas Company became part of the Eastern Gas Board.