Tuck & Co. was established in London in 1852 to supply equipment for the cotton industry.
By 1870 the company was based at 116 Cannon Street, London EC, with a works in Lambeth and a branch at 2 New Quay, Liverpool. The company produced elastic packing for steam engines, valves, tubing and banding.
By 1891 the firm had become a limited company and was described as a manufacturer of leather belting, hose pipes for the fire brigade and india-rubber valves.
The company was still operating in 1946 at 76 Victoria Street, London SW1, and in this year was manufacturing engine packing, floats and bobbins for the fishing industry, hosepipes and various asbestos and rubber goods for mechanical purposes.