The Twickenham & Teddington Electric Supply Co. Ltd. was created in 1900 and bought the land west of Talbot Road, Twickenham, on which to build an electricity works (now 37 Hamilton Road). Electricity supply began in 1902 providing power for a modest 3,000 lights at first and quickly expanding.
The works buildings were substantially extended after the First World War as the works began to supply a larger area including Hampton and Hampton Wick as well as Twickenham and Teddington.
The Twickenham & Teddington Electric Supply Co. Ltd was acquired by the London & Home Counties Joint Electricity Authority on 1st January 1931.
The L. & H. C. J. E. A. had been established following the London Electricity Act of 1925. The joint electricity district covered by the Authority contained 82 separate authorities distributing electricity which were able to amalgamate following the Act. These consisted 16 metropolitan borough councils inside the County of London; and in Outer London of 22 municipal corporations, 6 urban district councils and 24 companies.
The L. & H. C. J. E. A became part of the South Eastern Electricity Board upon nationalisation of the electrical power industry in 1947. The electricity works at Hamilton Road were closed down in 1960 and the works buildings were partly demolished towards the end of the 20th century.