William McLaren, Sons & Co. were textiles manufacturers and wholesalers in Glasgow.
The business was established in 1801 by James McLaren and J. Grierson. A short time later, James’ brother William McLaren joined the partnership. When James left the firm William took sole charge of the business, taking his sons, James and Robert, into partnership in 1841 and the company became William McLaren, Sons & Co.
The company traded in such products as cotton cloth, shirtings, flannels, blankets, linens, shawls, woollen shirts, mantles and handkerchiefs. Branches were established in London, Melbourne, Sydney and Cape Town.
The company continued until at least the 1890s.